In this issue:
- Be an Ambassador for NSA
- Long Ridge Club Changes Hands (Again)
- TONIGHT: North Stamford Citizen Services Hub with Mayor Simmons
- TOMORROW: Great Healthy Yard Project
- Recent Property Transfers in 06903
Be an NSA Ambassador
Do you have new neighbors? Or maybe old neighbors who aren’t NSA members? Be an ambassador for the NSA and invite them to join!
NSA relies on the strength of its membership to continue advocating for the citizens of North Stamford, and we rely on you – the eyes and ears on the ground – to help find new members.
Long Ridge Club Changes Hands Again
From Tom Lombardo, NSA President:
Here’s what we know regarding the old Long Ridge Club:
- Property was transferred in December 2021 from Martin Waters to a church
- On February 8, 2022 a release was entered into Town Clerk’s Records (Book 12926 Page 130)
- The church’s attorney called me this afternoon (April 14th) to advise the NSA that the church is working on preliminary plans to present to the City.
- Development will consist of a church and a parsonage. The church’s attorney will be sending further information.
We’ll keep you updated as more details become available.
TONIGHT: North Stamford Citizen Services Hub with Mayor Simmons
Bartlett Arboretum, Silver Educational Center, 151 Brookdale Road
Tuesday, April 19 @ 6:00 PM
There’s a “North Stamford Citizens Service Hub” with Mayor Simmons tonight. According to the email we received yesterday: “The Mayor is interested in answering your questions and hearing your concerns. We hope you can attend!”
Sounds like a great opportunity to meet the Mayor and share you thoughts and concerns about life in North Stamford. No registration required, all North Stamford residents are encouraged to attend.
TOMORROW: Great Healthy Yard Project
Sponsored by The Stamford Garden Club
Bartlett Arboretum, 151 Brookdale Road
Wednesday, April 20 @ 6:30 PM (doors open/refreshments @ 6:00 PM)
The Stamford Garden Club would like to invite its North Stamford neighbors to a timely presentation by Dr. Diane Lewis who will speak about her Great Healthy Yard Project on April 20th. As we are entering the season of fertilizing our lawns, we need to be aware of what we are putting in our wells, on our children’s hands and our pets’ paws. Dr. Lewis will offer some alternative ways to care for our lawns and gardens.
Recent Property Transfers
Selected home sales in North Stamford, as reported by the Stamford Town Clerk:
- 76 Mill Rd., 5 beds, 4 baths, 4,185 sf, 1 acre, $1,379,000
- 238 Wire Mill Rd., 4 beds, 3 baths, 1,985 sf, 1 acre, $360,000
- 100 Boulder Brook Dr., 4 beds, 3 baths, 3,265 sf, 1.08 acres, $650,000
- 37 Blue Ridge Dr., 3 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,411 sf, 0.46 acres, $450,000
- 263 Thornridge Dr., 3 beds, 2.5 baths, 3,402 sf, 0.88 acres, $1,035,000
- 1546 Riverbank Rd., 4.01 Acre Lot in “The Ponds at Riverbank”, $300,000