Your Advocate in 06903
The North Stamford Association’s mission is to protect, preserve and enhance the quality of life in North Stamford
We work on behalf of Stamford residents north of the Merritt to seek our fair share of city services, actively protect zoning integrity, promote communications among residents, improve public education, and maintain the natural beauty of our area.
As an association of neighbors, we depend on a strong and united membership to our continue advocating for North Stamford. Please consider joining today.
Why Join NSA?
As your advocate in North Stamford, we continually monitor neighborhood building and zoning applications, infrastructure projects, changes to city services, and other areas of interest. We represent your interests and, if necessary, we’ll hire professional legal assistance to represent for the residents of North Stamford.
Other benefits of North Stamford Association membership include:
- North Stamford news alerts and monthly email updates
- Home delivery of 06903 Magazine
- Member-only events and forums, including candidate forums
- Assistance and advice for navigating city services and departments
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions about membership, or for assistance using this website.
NSA Highlights for 2021
- Based on neighborhood and NSA objections, a ZBA application was withdrawn for a commercial child care center on a residential cul-de-sac.
- We opposed an Omnibus Text Change by the City’s Land Use Department that would make it easier for developers to increase residential density in the areas around North Stamford. Many of our members are rightly concerned about impacts on traffic, infrastructure, and city services.
- An NSA board member spotted a tiny legal notice in the newspaper of plans to construct a 127-foot cell tower at the Villa Maria school on Skymeadow Drive. The proposal was withdrawn after NSA made several requests for information to assess the impact on North Stamford residents.
- NSA donated a tree for Chestnut Hill Park, and a local business matched our contribution by donating a second tree. Both have been planted by the City.
- NSA has donated a bench for Scofieldtown Park, to be placed on the walking trail so folks can take a break midway during their walks.
- A service to members that spans decades, the 2021 NSA Mayoral Forum attracted close to 80 members on Zoom.
- Our annual Shredding Event was held in the fall. Free bulk paper shredding is another longstanding member service.
- NSA’s 2021 Annual Meeting, via Zoom, was attended by many of our member families. We’re hoping to get back to meeting in person soon (and resuming the tradition of catering the affair with food from Larocca’s).
- We’ve completely upgraded our website, email, and social media capabilities, and we’ve renewed our commitment to keeping members informed of news and issues as they happen.
Become a Member Today
We’d love for you to join us by becoming a member but if you still have questions, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you!