In this issue:
- NSA Donates Tree for Chestnut Hill Park
- High Ridge Bridge Construction
- Planning and Zoning Updates
- Recent Property Transfers in 06903
NSA Donates Tree for Chestnut Hill Park
The North Stamford Association recently donated a tree to be planted at Chestnut Hill Park, and we’re happy to report that the donation was matched with a second tree from Al Cocco of Designs by Lee nursery.
Both trees were planted this summer by Stamford’s Parks and Recreation Department. Stop by and enjoy the shade!
High Ridge Bridge Construction
We continue to monitor the bridge replacement on High Ridge just north of the Merritt, and are in periodic contact with officials regarding issues like road closures and tree removal. According to the CT Department of Transportation website, work is scheduled to be completed November 5, 2023.
Planning and Zoning Updates
- From the agenda for the Planning Board’s 8/11/2021 Special Meeting: “The City of Stamford is supporting The Stamford Land Conservation Trust in the purchase of 64 acres for the preservation of open space and protection of the Mianus River Watershed.”
- Application for the purpose of utilizing 665 sf of the 2,141 sf home at 59 Somerset Lane as a commercial childcare center was withdrawn by the applicant. NSA will continue to monitor future applications.
- We continue to watch the Baer property on upper Newfield Ave. This is a very large parcel of land (50+ acres), and no specific use has yet been proposed by the owner/developer.
Recent Property Transfers
Selected home sales in North Stamford, as reported by the Stamford Town Clerk:
- 279 Hunting Ridge Road, 4 beds, 6 baths, 5,700 sq ft, 1.37 acres, $954,000
- 14 Spinning Wheel Lane, 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,724 sq ft, 1.60 acres, $868,000
- 27 Pine Hill Terrace, 3 beds, 2 baths, 1,808 sq ft, .23 acres, $490,000
- 34 Saddle Hill Road, 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,370 sq ft, 1.27 acres, $750,000
- 342 Rock Rimmon Road, 4 beds, 4 baths, 4,187 sq ft, 1.06 acres, $1,008,872
- 9 Webbs Hill Road, 2 beds, 4 baths, 3,143 sq ft, 1.14 acres, $837,500
- 85 Mayapple Road, 4 beds, 2.5 baths 4,263 sq ft 1.32 acres, $440,000
- 38 Crofts Lane, 4 beds, 3.5 baths, 3,836 sq ft, 1.14 acres, $1,060,000
- 241 Russet Road, 4 beds, 3.5 baths, 3,021 sq ft, 1.14 acres, $760,000
- Woodbine Road Lot #5, 1.45 acres, $175,000