In this issue:
- Zoning Meeting on Monday Night
- Free Paper Shredding on November 6th
- $10M North Stamford Compound for Sale
- Don’t Be a “Sitting Duck” for Auto Theft
- 107-Acre Lot for Sale on Erskine Rd.
- Recent Property Transfers in 06903
Zoning Meeting, Monday, September 27th
The Zoning Board of the City of Stamford will hold a regular meeting and a Public Hearing at 6:30 PM on Monday, September 27, 2021. The meeting will be held remotely. Changes are proposed to the zoning regulations, particularly with respect to those relevant to office parks and development (although the precise scope is not apparent).
Free Shredding Event on November 6th
Mark your calendars! The North Stamford Association will be sponsoring paper shredding on November 6th, free for all NSA members. A great opportunity to clean out your file cabinets and clear some of those piles of sensitive documents off your desk.
The exact location has not yet been determined, and will be communicated in a future email. Stay tuned!
$10M “Compound” for Sale in North Stamford
Featuring 25 acres of land, 10 bedrooms, and eight full bathrooms, the most expensive home for sale in Stamford can be found on Rock Rimmon Road. The property includes a writer’s cabin – the perfect spot to pen an article for the next issue of 06903 Magazine!
Click here to view the listing.
The “Key” to Preventing Auto Theft
A recent article in The Stamford Advocate reminds us that, “if you leave your keys in the car, you are a sitting duck.” The police chief of New Canaan notes that, “not a single window was broken” in 32 auto thefts in New Canaan so far this year and the article goes on to say that, “car thieves no longer know how to steal cars unless they are unlocked.”
For Sale on Erskine Road: 107 Acres
The North Stamford Association notes that 107-acres are for sale on Erskine Road on the Stamford/Greenwich border with an asking price of $20M.
While there appears to be a large home on the property (per this listing, a “7500 sq ft guest house”), the property is being sold as “land.” We’ll be watching for tenders and any information on intended uses.
Recent Property Transfers
Selected home sales in North Stamford, as reported by the Stamford Town Clerk:
- 482 Woodbine Road, 4 beds, 3.5 baths, 3,664 sq ft , 1.08 acres, $916,000
- 386 Mill Road, 4 beds, 3 baths, 1,840 sq ft , 1.0 acres, $615,000
- 15 Crofts Lane, 5 beds, 5 baths, 5,706 sq ft , 1.03 acres, $1,080,000
- 78 Shady Lane, 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 3,530 sq ft , 1.0 acres, $610,000
- 263 Cedarwood Road, 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,952 sq ft , 1.88 acres, $759,000
- 70 Erskine Road, 3 beds, 4.5 baths, 4,163 sq ft , 2.91 acres, $1,092,500
- 124 Foxwood Road, 5 beds, 6 baths, 6,949 sq ft , 1.11 acres, $1,695,000