In this issue:
- Free “Shredding Day” This Saturday
- Stamford Talking About ADUs
- Aquarion on Water Supply: What About Wells?
- Saks Now, Whole Foods Later
- Recent Property Transfers in 06903
ADUs: Zoning Public Hearing TonightFREE* Bulk Paper Shredding This Saturday
THIS SATURDAY, October 22nd, 9am to Noon
Northeast Elementary School
Shred Day, sponsored by the North Stamford Association, will be held this Saturday, October 22nd from 9am to noon at Northeast Elementary School at 82 Scofieldtown Road.
* This event free to NSA members. Also free to those who live in 06903 and join the North Stamford Association at the event. There is a $15 fee for non-members who use the shredder.
If you’re not already a member, this is a great opportunity to meet the members and to learn more about NSA’s mission to preserve and protect North Stamford!
Stamford is Talking About ADUs
“Some Stamford residents say ADUs are a disastrous idea”
“Now that it’s done, the Zoning Board must hold a public hearing on opting out. The board then votes on whether to opt out. If they vote yes, the matter goes before the Board of Representatives, which must approve the opt-out with a ⅔ majority vote… The law was immediately contentious because it superseded local zoning regulations. To get it passed, state legislators included the opt-out, and gave local zoning boards the authority to initiate the process.”
Aquarion on Water Supply
As Stamford adds more housing, does water supply present a problem?
“During a sprawling discussion on the company’s approach to water supply and development in the region, Lawrence told Zoning Board members that even though more people are moving into the city, water use is down because of long-rage utilities planning projects and progress in water efficiency technology.”
NSA notes that the long-term viability of the aquifers relied on by many homes in North Stamford – which do not have a public water supply and need private wells for water – is not directly addressed by comments from Aquarion.
Saks Opening Next Week; Whole Foods to Follow
Busy Bull’s Head About to Get Busier
“The new Saks Off 5th on High Ridge Road will open Oct. 27. A company spokesperson confirmed the opening date in an email to The Stamford Advocate on Monday. Signs saying “Opening Soon” are lining the property in the Bull’s Head area… Saks Off 5th is expected to share its new building with a Whole Foods grocery store. Currently, the nearest Whole Foods operations are in nearby Greenwich and Darien.”
Recent Property Transfers
Selected home sales in North Stamford, as reported by the Stamford Town Clerk:
- 26 Russet Rd., 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,312 sf, 1 acre, $780,000
- 264 Dundee Rd., 4 beds, 4 baths, 5,534 sf, 1 acre, $750,000
- 90 Surrey Rd., 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,477 sf, 1.12 acres, $815,000
- 31 Forestwood Dr., 4 beds, 3 baths, 3,156 sf, 1 acre, $880,000
- 10 Ledge Brook Rd., 4 beds, 3 baths, 4,400 sf, 1 acre, $1,175,000