In this issue:
- TIME TO RENEW FOR 2022
- ANNUAL MEETING DELAYED, NEW DATE TBD
- Villa Maria Cell Tower Proposal Withdrawn
- 2022 Recycling Schedule for Scofieldtown Yard
- UPDATE: “Office Parks to Housing”
- Recent Property Transfers in 06903
It’s Time to Renew Your Membership
NSA relies on the strength of its membership – and annual dues – to continue advocating for the citizens of North Stamford.
“Unsave” the Date: NSA’s Annual Meeting Delayed
Apologies for any inconvenience but, due to a number of circumstances, NSA has been forced to reschedule its annual meeting (originally targeted for January 23rd). The Board is considering dates in February, and all members will receive a notice as soon as plans are finalized.
As noted in prior emails: depending on local conditions, the meeting will either be held at the Long Ridge Fire House or on Zoom. All members are welcome, and you can join/renew online or at the door.
Verizon Drops Plans for Cell Tower on Sky Meadow Drive
Verizon’s application to erect a 127-foot cell tower in the vicinity of 161 Sky Meadow Drive (Villa Maria) has been withdrawn. No explanation was given for the withdrawal.
On January 6th, Board Member Jackie Kaiko, Chair of NSA’s Land Use Committee, received an email from Verizon’s representatives on the project stating that, “Verizon is no longer moving forward with this location.” We note that this email followed several unfulfilled information-only requests made by Jackie to Verizon’s representatives.
2022 Scofieldtown Yard Recycling Schedule
The City Recycling & Sanitation Dept. has set the 2022 collection dates for Scofieldtown Yard on Rockrimmon Road. Items to be collected include: Recycling, Bulky Waste, Electronics, Yard Waste, Electronics, Textiles/Clothing, and Food Waste.
2022 Scofield Recycling Events:
- 05/07/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- 06/04/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- 07/09/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- 08/06/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- 09/10/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- 10/01/2022 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
For more information, visit the City website.
Follow Up: “Office Parks to Housing” Petition Referred to Board of Reps
Per the Advocate: “A petition representing about 580 properties that pushes back on new rules that encourage redevelopment in empty office parks will get a second look from Stamford’s elected officials.”
You may recall that a previously-reported “omnibus text change” proposal would make it easier for owners/developers to convert land current used for office parks into housing. Residents have expressed many concerns (including traffic) given the number of office parks on Long Ridge and High Ridge Road.
Recent Property Transfers
Selected home sales in North Stamford, as reported by the Stamford Town Clerk:
- 178 Hunting Ridge Rd., 5 beds, 5 baths, 5,956 sf, 3.47 acres, $1,549,000
- 20 Rock Rimmon Dr., 3 beds, 3 baths, 2,504 sf, 1.1 acres, $776,222
- 29 Old Wagon Rd., 6 beds, 6 baths, 5,950 sf, 2.34 acres, $1,685,000
- 54 Gutzon Borglum Rd., 3 beds, 3 baths, 2,309 sf, 1 acre, $731,000
- 190 Butternut Ln., 4 beds, 4 baths, 3,762 sf, 1 acre, $1,125,000